CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Dracula

The Book



Released in 1897, Bram Stoker's Dracula is an amazing read, and to get me to think of this post I found an amazingly beautiful copy of it printed for $13.00 at Walmart and well simply couldn't pass it up, it was strange mind you to find that there and such awesome deal on it as well! But at any rate my thoughts on the book are as follows:




  • This book is stunningly amazing! Perhaps it's the spawn of the vampires as we know them. No not the flashy vampires from Twilight but real hard-core blood suckers that I've loved since child hood.

  • Bram Stoker has become known for this one novel, and when I hear the name I don't think of anything else, so that has to mean that it's amazing right? Wrong: While it is an amazing and highly suggested read by yours truly, people have been remembered for bad things too right, I mean look at OJ.

  • This was what turned me into a Bram Stoker fan, while I haven't had the opportunity to read any of his other work, and until recently I didn't have a clue that he had ever written anything else, I have every intention of picking up his other works!



The Movie



So there are many movies based off of Bram Stoker's Dracula, perhaps the most terrifying of which, in my opinion anyway, is the newest of the releases, it was well done, and I thought did a decent job of bringing the book to life. Be fully warned however that unless Stoker himself were to come back from the grave, perhaps as Dracula?, and write the script then the movies will never match the epic levels brought forth by the book. But for those of you who don't like to read defiantly catch this amazing film! There are also spoofs, my favorite of which is Dracula: Dead and loving it. It is a black and white film, but is absolutely make you fall of the couch laughing wile watching it hilarious! So many funny parts, I'm not even sure where to begin a review at, so let me just say WATCH IT!!!



The Play



While I've only ever seen the play presented at Barter Theater in Abingdon, VA, it was still amazing! They did a wonderful job portraying the characters in Stokers book, and if you are ever given a chance to see this wonderful play then by all means hop on the Halloween band wagon of sorts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment